Leaky Gut Syndrome is something MORE OF US HAVE than we realise. We can put it down to something we ate or just an upset tummy for some reason. The problem is it will just get worse as the problem is left unattended to.
But don’t despair! There are a few things you can do RIGHT NOW which will start the process of helping your gut to heal.
- L-Glutamine – 1 tspn morning and night – a vital nutrient that improves gastrointestinal health due to its ability to rebuild and repair. It improves metabolism, cellular detoxification and surprise… it is an essential amino acid used as a neurotransmitter for the brain which actually helps the brain to focus and improves memory and concentration. Helps curb cravings for sugar and alcohol too.
- Spirulina – 2 tspns morning and night – eases the passage of wastes through the digestive system thus reducing the stress on the entire system. Promotes healthy bacteria and helps to improve the absorption of essential nutrients. With its high concentration of chlorophyll it detoxifies the blood and binds heavy metals making it one of nature’s most powerful detoxifying agents. It has a great source of the Vitamins B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin), B3 (Nicotinamide), B6 (Pyridoxine), B9 (Folic Acid), B12 (Cobalamin), Vitamins E, K1 and K2. Including Potassium, Chromium, Copper, Magnesium, Selenium and Zinc. With 4 times the antioxidant value of blueberries and a protein source that’s gram for gram more so than beef, poultry, fish and soy beans, PLUS 26 times the calcium of milk, it’s an excellent healer for the whole body, not to mention the gastrointestinal system!
- Cut out all Gluten right away – this will damage the intestinal lining and increase the the symptoms of your Leaky Gut. Usually gluten can slowly be reintroduced once your gut is healed.
- Cut out cow’s milk – The protein that harms your gut from dairy is called protein A1. Also the lactose in pasteurised milk is really difficult for your system to digest.
- Remove all Sugar – yes, you heard it right! Sugar. This plays havoc with your digestive system and feeds the growth of harmful yeast, bacterias and feeds candida. The problem with bad bacteria is that it produces exotoxins which actually damage the healthy cells and will eventually eat a hole through your intestinal wall.
Other important points to remember with Leaky Gut Syndrome is that it impairs your body’s ability to absorb vital nutrients leading to malabsorption and creating other health issues. As the gut contains neurotransmitters and hormones to control moods and immune system, it impairs the function of these to work properly.
Other important factors to include in the treatment are Slippery Elm, Aloe Vera, Zinc, B Vitamins and specific strain Probiotics.
But IT IS REPAIRABLE given the right treatment and targeted support for your gut health.