Parts Used: Flowers
Active Constituents: Volatile oil (up to 3%), containing over 40 constituents, including linalyl acetate (30-60%), cineole (10%), linalool, nerol, borneol. Also flavonoids, tannins, coumarins
- Rubefacient (draws redness to the surface of the skin via dilation of the blood vessels and an increase in blood circulation)
Major Safety Issues:
- Lavender Oil should be avoided by people with gastrointestinal inflammation, peptic ulcer, liver and kidney disease.
- The essential oil should not be taken internally.
- The oil used topically can cause dermatitis in sensitive individuals
- Excessive internal use of the oil can cause renal irritation and damage.