Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. We will contact you via email to offer you a free 10 minute consult.
Hope you enjoy these tips for healthy living
Easy Tips to Eat and Supplement Your Way to Ultimate Health
Sustainable diets are the way to go. Health eating is the best way to achieve your goal of vitality, health and wellness. It is so much easier to eat well and be healthy and reap the rewards if you follow these key steps.
1. Always include lean, protein-rich foods in each meal or snack including fish, poultry, lean meats, eggs, dairy, tofu and tempeh.
Remember, fresh is always best!
2. Ensure you have a minimum of 3 cups of vegetables each day to help increase your long-term health and vitality. A rainbow of colours on your plate provides you with the maximum antioxidant intake from a seasonal variety of vegetables.
3. Minimum of 2 pieces of fruit per day and preferably before 3pm in the afternoon. Try not to have fruit after this time.
4. Starchy carbohydrates (cereals, pasta, bread, rice, white potatoes) should be kept to a minimum (with preferably 1 to 2 serves a day). Wherever possible, always try to choose Low GI options eg. Wholegrain varieties.
5. Always include healthy oils, nuts and seeds on a daily basis. Healthy oils could include coconut oil, macadamia oil, flaxseed oil or olive oil (olive oil and flaxseed oil are not suitable for high temperature frying). ½ cup or a small handful of nuts and seeds also provide protein and other nutrients.
6. Ensure you are well hydrated. At least 8 glass of pure, filtered spring water per day or 1.5 – 2 litres per day. If you find water boring or tasteless, spruce the taste up with fresh herbs or slices of lemon, lime, orange or even watermelon. Remove any soft drinks or carbonated beverages as they create acidity in the body – even sparking water does. Reduce caffeinated beverages to 1 to 2 cups per day and minimize alcohol intake.
7. As we all know it can be difficult to maintain a perfect diet 100% of the time, aim for a treat meal once a week. This will help to keep to your life-long goal of achieving a realistic and interesting Ultimate Healthy Wellness Program for Life.
8. A daily high quality fish oil will provide Omega 3 for a healthy heart, supple joints and a healthy brain and nervous system.
9. A daily high strength probiotic helps to maintain the right balance of flora in your digestive tract. Today, many lifestyle factors can throw this balance out without you even knowing. The probiotics differ in strain so its important to choose the right one. Come in and talk to us and we can definitely help you to choose the right one for you!
10. A daily multivitamin and mineral formula which will fill in the gaps of what your diet might be missing or not absorbing correctly.
11. A good high quality antioxidant formula to support healthy ageing and reduce the risk of chronic disease. Flavanoids are powerful antioxidants that help prevent age-related diseases and resveratrol has anti-inflammatory properties and also supports cardiovascular health.
DISCLAIMER – these tips are based on general health and dietary recommendations. For more specific guidelines a personal consultation with Trudy is always recommended. It is my belief that everyone is different and must be treated as an individual when it comes to your health and lifestyle goals and requirements.